Thursday, December 16, 2010

My picks for the week...

Well well...it's been some time since I dropped something on the blog, unfortunately I'm just tryin to squeeze some picks in for the moment. I'll post a blog later tonight, Lord knows there's a lot to talk about. On to the picks:

San Francisco 49ers @ San Diego Chargers
My Pick: 49ers

Let's all be honest here...the Chargers are the better team. I'm a Niners fan so this pick is all hopes and dreams. Westbrook is playing well as is Anthony Dixon in placed of Gore who's on IR. Davis' numbers exploded now that A. Smith (who loves to throw to the TE) is back. Our pass defense is somewhat soft so expect Rivers to have a good day, but the run D is still stud. The 49ers have a lot to fight for...let's see if they can take the West!

Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins:
My Pick: Dolphins

The Dolphins offense is anemic at times but their defense hangs on enough to help them win some games. Their run game is non-existent at times, but the Bills entire team is non-existent at most times. The Bills are sorry, facts are facts. After the Dolphins just beat the Jets after scoring 10 pts, I think it's a safe bet they can beat the Bills. Then again, the Browns did beat the Patriots so...anything is possible.

New Orleans Saints @ Baltimore Ravens
My Pick: Ravens

This was a tough one. The Ravens are a very good team, the Saints are defending champs. Problem is, the Saints aren't playing like it. Brees has WAY too many picks for this team to return to the Super Bowl and if he plays like that against the Ravens this will be a long day for Brees and company.

Washington Redskins @ Dallas Cowboys
My Pick: Cowboys

I think I've had enough of giving the Skins the benefit of the doubt with my picks. The Skins started off strong and have turned out to be a sorry excuse for a football team. The season is shot for them. The Cowboys, on the other hand, have made big strides since replacing Wade Phillips. The Cowboys have been in every game they've played since Jason took over as coach. The 'Boys are looking to finish strong so Garrett can keep his job, and I think they will.

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants
My Pick: Giants

Vick has had a phenominal season. Period. Vick and the Eagles are starting to slow down and their margin of victory is shrinking with each week. Eli has thrown a ton of INTs this year, but has proven he can thrive in these high pressure division games. I think the Giants are the best team in this division and by the end of Week 17, they will show it by finishing 1st.

Detroit Lions @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
My Pick: Buccaneers

The Bucs are a good team, not great, but good. If they beat the Lions they will have beaten 9 of the Leagues 16 teams with a losing record. The only teams they have played with winning records, they have lost. Lucky for the Bucs, the Lions are terrible. Enjoy Bucs fans.

Atlants Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks
My Pick: Falcons

Matt Ryan is the man, period. His numbers may have slowed down slightly, but the Falcons are an elite team this season. The 'Hawks on the other hand are obviously sub par after that dismantling in San Francisco. Hasselbeck had 5 turnovers and the offense only managed a TD and 2 FGs. The second TD was a kick return TD. The Seahawks are in trouble and the Falcons will capitalize.

New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers
My Pick: Steelers

I have stuck up for the Jets through this recent decline of theirs. I'm done. The Jets have become soft and inept. They have their coaches tripping players on the sidelines. They are desperate and it looks ugly on them. They are done. The Pats are clear cut winners of that division. The Steelers offense is declining but that can be attributed to their O-Line falling apart. Their defense still has #43, and that's all they need.

Green Bay Packers @ New England Patriots
My Pick: Patriots

The New England Patriots are the best team in the NFL, enough said. The Packers would struggle with the Pats even WITH Rodgers! Rodgers has now suffered his 2nd concussion of the season. There is no way he plays this week and even if by some slim chance Rodgers plays, he won't be 100%. The Pats win this game big!

Chicago Bears @ Minnesota (Gophers Stadium) Vikings
My Pick: Bears

I think the dismantling of the Bears by the Pats is more an indictment of how good the Pats are and less proof they Bears aren't for real. The Bears have handled their business this year. They are a team to beat in the NFC. The Pats are just flat out the best. The Vikings are playing with Tarvaris Jackson, they are playing a "home" game on the "road." The Vikings season, and Brett's career, are over. The Bears win this game and solidify their #1 spot in the NFC North and the playoffs.

2 comments:

Mark B said...

Thanks for posting these! Think you forgot the Jaguars/Colts & Chiefs/Rams games though!

Fred said...

I did indeed.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indiannapolis Colts
My Pick: Jaguars

I know...blasphemy. Bottom line is the Colts are struggling this season. Manning has been an INT machine lately. I know the Colts are at home...but I'm smell upset.

Kansas City Chiefs @ St. Louis Rams
My Pick: Chiefs

I'm taking this Chiefs because-

A.) I need them to win.
B.) They are better than the Rams...even without Matt Cassel.